All You Need To Know About CBD
Updated on September 22, 2023
We have explained all the important questions about CBD you need to know before you commit to it. Hopefully, by the end of the article, you would be ready to choose the product and start reaping its benefit.
Where is CBD derived from?
In case you are wondering how CBD is extracted from the plant.
These two are the most commonly used extractions methods:
- CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant, which is further diluted by mixing it with a carrier oil like coconut oil, olive oil, or hemp seed oil. This method is called food-safe oil extraction.
- The CO2 extraction which is the golden standard in the industry, it uses supercritical carbon dioxide (CO2) to pull CBD from the plant. Once the process is complete CO2 is separated from the organic compounds, yielding full-spectrum CBD oil.
Types of CBD
Broad Spectrum CBD
Benefits of CBD
Benefits of using CBD for medical conditions to name a few:
- Pain and Inflammation
- Nausea and migraines
- Relief from pains caused by terminal illness
CBD benefits for Kids
CBD benefits for Animals
There are a number of products available in different flavours and forms which would be easier for animals to consume.
Side Effects of Using CBD
- Changes in appetite
- Dry mouth
Consumption of CBD doesn’t have any prolonged side effects which are a good sign. Also, CBD Oil is safe, as it’s not addictive or habit-forming like recreational marijuana. It also doesn’t give you a high which makes it safe to be used during any time of the day.
CBD can also interact with other medications you are taking, it’s advised to consult your doctor before taking CBD.
Does CBD make you high?
Let’s get some more clarity on how CBD calms our mind
The human body has an endocannabinoid system responsible for creating and receiving cannabinoids. This system uses two receptors namely CB1 and CB2. CBD, when consumed, does not act on these receptors, unlike THC which alters normal brain communication making us high.
Research has indicated that CBD does not attach directly to these receptors, instead, it works through the endocannabinoid system indirectly to relax our body, and reduce pain.
Available forms of CBD products
- Oils and Tinctures are the most widely used products. These come in liquid or oil forms which are infused with CBD. It is consumed by dropping a few drops under your tongue so the tiny capillaries absorb the compounds quickly.
- Capsules and Pills are used by anyone who doesn’t like the taste of CBD oil. These are available in flavors which make them easy and fun to consume. These are used for systematic treatments. The only drawback of consuming capsules or pills is the time it takes to effect from ingestion to onset.
- Gummies are the most fun and popular way to take CBD. These come in various flavors and are affordable, also as these are Gummies it is easy to carry around making them discrete to consume anywhere at any time.
- Creams and Lotions have CBD infused topicals are which are often used on a particular part of the body to treat muscle and joint pain. These have recently gained popularity as skin care products for reducing acne.
- Vaping is by far the easiest and hassle-free CBD experience. As you inhale vaporized CBD oil through Vapes or E-cigarettes, compounds are inhaled and absorbed directly from the lungs into the bloodstream making you experience the effects of CBD faster than any other form. It’s one of the fastest and potent ways to experience the benefits of CBD.
- CBD Shots and Juices are becoming a popular choice as it’s convenient, hassle-free and can be consumed anytime and anywhere. Most of these come in small bottles that are discrete and easy to carry when on the move. The plus is it comes in various flavors which makes it a fun and interesting option.
The Right Amount of Dosage
Some of the products suggestions are as follows:
- CBD Oil Tincture a few drops under your tongue.
- CBD Capsules 1 tablet a day to up to 3 in a day.
- CBD topicals to be applied to the targeted area.