Now that CBD is making big rounds in recent times, with bans lifted worldwide, you can only expect it to grow in popularity. The state of Virginia is all set to get its CBD and THC-A oils dispensary. Those who wish to access them can do so with a doctor’s prescription. The Virginia Board of Pharmacy has given approval to five companies to open CBD dispensaries in each of the commonwealth’s five health service areas.
CBD is a non-psychoactive compound of the cannabis plant with medicinal properties and does not give you a high. Similarly, THC-A is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid found in raw and live cannabis. Both will be made available in the dispensaries to approved patients only. The Board of Pharmacy arrived at a decision after taking into account various factors and chose from 51 applicants the following 5- PharmaCann, Dalitso, Dharma Pharmaceuticals, Green Leaf Medical, and Columbia Care. Background checks will be conducted before they receive a license.
According to sources, they could be operational by winter. Director of communications for the Virginia Department of Health Professions, Diane Powers says, “Under the terms of their conditional approval, they all have to be open by the end of 2019,”. It is said that every dispensary approved submitted a $10,000 application fee and have to submit an additional $10,000 per year to renew its license.
These dispensaries are being welcomed with open arms as they will offer relief from a variety of ailments. Legislation passed in 2018 allows medical practitioners to issue a certification for CBD or TCH-A oils for patients who would benefit from such substances.
- PharmaCann which was founded in 2014, currently operates facilities for medical marijuana facilities in five other states and is licensed for three more. Its dispensary will be in Staunton in Health Service Area I.
- The other approved company, Dalitso is a Virginia-based company which will specialize in the production of CBD and THC-A oils. It is waiting for approval to open a processing facility in Prince William County. They will open a dispensary in Manassas serving Health Service Area II, including Fairfax and Alexandria.
- The third player, Dharma Pharmaceuticals will open its dispensary in Bristol, covering Health Service Area III, They are known for their medications for hepatitis, cancer and other diseases.
- Green Leaf Medical will set up its dispensary in the Swansboro neighborhood in the city of Richmond, serving in Health Service Area IV. Green Leaf is a producer of CBD and THC-A oils as well as medical marijuana products in almost 30 locations in Maryland.
- Columbia Care will be based in Portsmouth and provide CBD and THC-A oils in Health Service Area V This is an international cannabis-focused health-care company which is located in 13 states, Puerto Rico and the Mediterranean nation of Malta.
This is a welcome relief for many in Maryland like Stephanie Anderson who finds CBD oil useful as an alternative treatment for her son’s ADHD. Now with safe and legal access to CBD and THC-A, many will benefit from ailments like stress, anxiety, ADHD, epilepsy and a lot more.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Latest updates
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.