The Effects Of CBD On Bipolar Disorder
Updated on November 27, 2022
Cannabis has been used popularly for a variety of reasons. It has a deep and fulfilling effect on the human body. It can treat and make multiple health conditions much better. Its effects on ailments have been much in discussion. Bipolar disorder is a health condition that may fail to understand. Though drugs and therapy play their role in dealing with the disease, scientists are conducting research about the possibility of CBD in this sphere.
What is Bipolar Disorder?
It is a manic-depressive illness where one has certain characteristics. It could be high energy and ecstasy contrasted with low moods, fatigue, and hopelessness. These altercations of highs and lows make Bipolar Disorder a mental health condition.
How can CBD help with Bipolar Disorder?
CBD is more medically beneficial than most of us know. It has properties that make sense as researchers and physicians consider it. CBD has a beneficial effect on Bipolar disorder. Some of the ways it does so are:
- Reduces the maniac and depressive symptoms
- Increases positive emotions
- Works on our neurotransmitters to regulate moods and behaviour
- It interacts with the brain and restores communication processes
- Influences the endocannabinoid system
- CBD keeps the emotional responses regulated
- It boosts energy and improves metabolism
- It reduces pain and inflammation aiding strength
- It improves memory cycles and learning
- Less addictive than other medications
Does CBD Oil get Patients high?
CBD is widely popular and does not have any THC. This means you can use it without testing positive on a drug test. Since CBD has a 40% hemp plant; it influences your central nervous system and can be consumed in many forms. So, it does not get you high at all.
Is it safe to use CBD for Bipolar Disorder?
- There are several studies that point to the possibility of CBD usage for Bipolar Disorder. CBD generates a response as many medications to treat the maniac disorder.
- A recently conducted research showed a neurological assessment of 133 patients who felt better post using CBD. It showed a remarkable influence on logical memory, recall, executive functioning, and attention.
- Also, CBD in itself has minimal side effects. Some of them are dizziness, fatigue, and mild headache. Long-term use may have problems, however. It should be noted that CBD is not a cure in itself. It is only a natural dietary supplement that has associated positive effects.
How to take CBD for relief from Bipolar Disorder?
For relief from Bipolar Disorder, one can take CBD in many ways. It can be vaped, one can take it in an oil form, use it as a balm or lotion, have CBD gummies or CBD sprays. The most convenient has to be CBD Oil since it is easy to use and more versatile as well.
Dosage of CBD Oil for Bipolar Users
A high content of CBD will mean maximum efficiency. A zero THC, full CBD range would be great, to begin with. It is important to choose pure, unadulterated versions over any variety. Using CBD oil which is organic twice a day will help get results.
While current research on CBD proves it is effective in treating bipolar patients, it is necessary to tread with caution. It offers multiple medical implications and can be a key to natural healthcare in years to come. One should stick to seeking a doctor’s opinion to get an idea about the efficacy and necessity of the plan. Using CBD oil carefully for best results can aid the recovery of Bipolar patients. Using in moderation with adequate medical supervision is recommended.