How You Could Benefit
From Cannabis In Your Skin Care Products
Updated on March 27, 2023
But cannabis-based skincare products are treading a thin line because though they have been legalized in most states, it’s still classified as a Schedule I drug.
As we all know, there are two types of cannabis: Sativa and indica.
- Among these, Hemp, which is a variation of sativa, is most often used in skincare. However, nowadays cannabis as a whole is making an appearance in the market.
- Oils from the hemp plant are high in Vitamin A, C, and E and also in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These have anti-aging, antioxidant properties. These also act as skin conditioning agents.
- CBD is the non-psychoactive substance in cannabis that relieves anxiety, pain, and stress. Both whole plant CBD and hemp-derived CBDs have anti-inflammatory properties. Hence they are ideal for the prevention of acne.
- Besides CBD offers an effective cure for defeating signs of aging, fine lines, and wrinkles. Skin ailments like psoriasis are also cured.
How to achieve beauty with cannabis
Most cannabis skincare products use either hemp or whole plant CBD. All the top companies which use cannabis ensure that the products are well tested before release in the market. When companies first used hemp-derived CBD extract without CBD, they were skeptical but now have found that customers derived great satisfaction from its usage.
Rest assured, these cannabis-infused products are good for your skincare regime. It’s great to hear, right?
A DIY simple weed face mask
- 1 ripe avocado
- Hemp Oil ¼ cup
- Spirulina powder – 2 tsp.
- A makeup brush
Blend all ingredients together, apply on the face and remove after 20 minutes. Wash it off and you will be surprised by how good your complexion is. This way, you have given your skin a contact high and a great, natural addition to a permanent glow.