Suffering From Eczema?
CBD Could Be The Ultimate Saviour
Updated on March 21, 2023
Almost 30% have a skin condition called Eczema. Eczema is an extremely common skin condition where one faces symptomslike irritation, dry skin, itching, and inflammation. It is also known as dermatitis. There are various types of eczemaand the most prevalent is atopic eczema. It is mostly seen in children and adolescents. Many young children and eventhose in later stages can develop eczema. Though the symptoms of eczema are treated easily, the causes underlying diggerand remain.
Symptoms of Eczema
- Inflammation of skin
- Scalpy patches
- Cracked skin
Apart from that, you can have sleep problems, low self-confidence and increased risk of infection.
How can CBD be used for Eczema?
Skin is the largest organ and is the most important protective barrier between your vital organs and the outside world. It is exposed to many toxins and can be prone to inflammation and accidents. It also helps regulate body temperature and keeps you safe.
- The skin has cannabinoid receptors which are responsible for allergic inflammation.
- This increases immune reactivity and makes one healthy. CBD has been influential in treating the endocannabinoid system.
- CBD has cannabinoids that help with conditions like eczema and reduce inflammation.
- Since we have the receptors even in the nervous system, CBD soothes eczema conditions like pain and itching
- It also reduces the sensation of pain and keeps one more balanced.
- If there is a fungal infection, CBD helps in reducing it due to its receptive properties.
- CBD has antimicrobial properties that make it better to reduce the ache or pain.
How to Use CBD for Eczema?
CBD is naturally found in plants and is extracted to be used in oils, creams, vapes or gummies.
- CBD oil can be taken in case of eczema to maximize the potency. It can be mixed with food or beverages and taken. It is advisable to take low doses and eventually build up the levels. CBD has fewer side effects and it is capable of working for Eczema.
- Topical CBD Creams are another way to relieve inflammation. They can be applied directly to the place of interest. One has to look for products that have natural ingredients to avoid irritation. One has to do a patch test at first to ascertain its efficacy.
Is CBD Safe for those with Eczema?
When one decides to use CBD, it is met with dogma. The side effects of CBD are unsure and its safety is a concern for parents and children. You can use CBD for eczema on children but you have to make sure it does not have THC. THC can be harmful to children as their nervous system is still developing. So, using CBD products without THC is safe. You can still face issues like-
- Dry mouth
- Sore mouth
- A headache
Choosing CBD to treat Eczema is innovative and will have positive effects. Eczema can be distressing and if conventional medicines do not work out, it can lead to more pain. CBD effectively reduces the pain and offers short-term relief. Though more research is required, CBD could be the natural solution for eczema and help reduce pain, inflammation, and itching.