When you are a dog parent the last thing you want is for them to be in pain. All we want is for them to be healthy, happy and active. But unfortunately, as our furry friends go older they too just like us start having health issues. One of the most common issues older dogs have is Arthritis.
Seeing your pet in pain is going to be a worry for you, but understanding what is causing it and how to help them recover or reduce their agony would be your first thought. To help you understand arthritis better and simple remedies which you can do at home are mentioned below.
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is basically inflammation of the joints, which include any joint in the body where two bones are joint together. Some of the common joints affected are hips, knees, elbows and shoulders. The cause of inflammation can be
- Poor joint structure.
- Excessive wear and tear.
- Poor nutrition.
- Weight gain.
- Immune disease.
Once your pet has been diagnosed started on the medication you can start with therapies and natural remedies. Here are a few therapies and natural remedies you can try until your pooch gets maximum comfort.
- Natural Remedies can be taken in addition to all the points mentioned above, as these are mostly natural herbs they won’t have any side effects but help with pain management.
- Turmeric is one of the most researched herbs with a long list of amazing benefits. One of the most beneficial being it decreases inflammation and relieves pain and stiffness.
- Bone Broth is an excellent way to feed your dog Chondroitin which helps repair damaged cartilage, restore joint integrity, keep cartilage tissue hydrated. You can make this broth at home or pick it up from your local food store.
- Weight Management it’s one of the most important aspects when it comes to arthritis in pets. As overweight pets proportionally place more weight on their joints which causes more inflammation. Controlling your pet’s weight through changing their diet, exercise will help them get through arthritis.
- Change of Environment at home like providing assistance while getting in and out of cars, extra padding in their bed, use of a ramp instead of stairs, and a warm and comfortable place to sleep will help them reduce pain and discomfort.
- Supplements in addition to the medication they are prescribed will help from pain relief. Crominex 3+ is a natural blend of 3 scientifically proven joint support ingredients, Astaxanthin is a popular natural joint supplement in dogs which helps relieve pain and inflammation and cleans the cells in the body.
- CBD which is obtained from the Cannabis plant is a natural source to help your dog with pain. CBD works with a dog’s endocannabinoid system by binding the receptors to help create calm and balance so the body can self – heal. The best part of using CBD is it can be administered through oil, topical creams, and edible treats.
As you know CBD is easily available in various forms. You can choose the one which suits your pet the most. Here are the top five CBD products for Pets.
5 Best CBD Products for Pets Joint Pains
Hemp Bombs CBD Dog Biscuits offer the benefit of CBD to your dogs in a tasty treat. You get 8 – count of CBD Dog biscuits, which has 10 mg of CBD per biscuit. This product is Gluten and Grain Free.
Get a packet of these biscuits for $14.99.
2. Koi Naturals
Koi Naturals Hemp Extract CBD Spray is veterinarian-formulated to deliver a restorative experience for your dog. The spray is made of natural coconut oil and Koi PRIZM broad-spectrum hemp extract containing 500 mg of naturally occurring CBD.
Get a spray bottle for $49.99.
GreenRoads Pet CBD Drops are made especially for dogs with hemp seed oil and hemp-derived cannabinoid extract grown on American farms. The product is Gluten and Soy Free and Vegan. The drops are available according to your dog’s size and the price differs accordingly.
A bottle for a medium dog is for $39.99.
CBDFx CBD oil for Dogs and Cats is available in Tinctures made with 100% organically grown full-spectrum CBD, Free of GMO and all food-grade ingredients keeping in mind your pet. These tinctures are available according to the size of your pet.
A bottle for a small-sized pet of 30ml is priced at $29.99.
NuLeaf Naturals offers Full Spectrum CBD oil in Tincture forms. The oil is made with High-Grade Hemp extract using a CO2 extraction process. The product is 100% organic with no additives. The tinctures are available in three strengths.
A 5ml bottle is priced at $38.50.